4. Our collection and receipt of Personal Information. We may receive and/or collect Personal Information in the following ways:
4.1. Client Account Set-Up and Account Use: As part of setting up and maintaining a Client account to use the StreetSmart Service we may collect certain Personal Information that a Client chooses to provide about its Personnel. Such Personal Information may include a user ID, name, email address, phone number, address, information about a Personnel’s skills and other Personal Information that the Client chooses to make available in connection with its, and its Personnel’s use of the StreetSmart Service. In order to access and use the StreetSmart Service, a separate user name and password will be created for individual Personnel.
4.2. Location Based Services and Personnel: The StreetSmart Service is a location based service and is dependent on data related to the geographic location of the mobile device on which the StreetSmart Service is being used by Personnel (“Location Data“). We use various technologies to determine location, such as global position system (GPS) signals, Wi-Fi access points, and cellular network provided. If you choose to use the StreetSmart Service, you agree that we may receive Location Data and that it may be used to plot a StreetSmart Service user’s location on a map, identify where a job and shift were performed and to determine whether a StreetSmart user has reached pre-defined landmarks or geofences. Location Data is transmitted securely from the mobile device to StreetSmart’s servers using HTTPS protocol and is accessible only to authorized users of the StreetSmart Service. If you don’t want us to receive your Location Data, you should be able to use the settings on your mobile device to turn off location-sharing features. Please be aware though, that if you choose to turn off device location-sharing features, you may not be able to use the StreetSmart Service or your (and our Client’s) use of the StreetSmart Service may be negatively impacted. Please consult with your employer or organization before turning off any device-based location services.
4.3. Personnel Mobile Device Data: In addition to Location Data, we may collect other limited information from the mobile device of Personnel who are using our StreetSmart Service. Such information may include the Personnel’s user name, mobile device type, mobile device id, firmware version, battery and use of airplane mode, and the date and time stamps of StreetSmart Service usage. We use this information to troubleshoot any StreetSmart Service issues that you may encounter during use of the StreetSmart Service. Battery and Airplane mode information is provided to our Clients about their authorized StreetSmart users and is used to trigger alerts to send to our Clients about their authorized users. Device model, firmware version, battery and airplane mode information are transmitted securely from the mobile device to StreetSmart’s servers using HTTPS protocol and are accessible only to authorized users of the StreetSmart Service.
4.4 Camera sensor data: the mobile device of a StreetSmart user may be used to take pictures to attach to a job as proof of service or to provide additional details for the job form. The StreeSmart Service may access the mobile device camera and picture gallery to access such images and transmit them securely from the mobile device to StreetSmart’s servers using HTTPS protocol. Images are only accessible to authorized users of the StreetSmart Service. If you don’t want us to receive your images, you should be able to use the settings on your mobile device to turn off access by the StreetSmart Service to your camera and picture gallery. Please be aware though, that if you choose to turn off image sharing features, you will not be able to use images from your photo gallery as proof of completion of service when submitting a job form.
4.5. End Customers: As part of providing our StreetSmart Service to a Client, we may collect certain Personal Information that a Client chooses to provide about its End Customers. Such information may include an End Customer’s name, email address, phone number, fax number, and other Personal Information that the Client chooses to make available in connection with its use of the StreetSmart Service.
4.6. Cookies: The StreetSmart Service may utilize session “cookies” for authentication validation purposes. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to authenticate access to the StreetSmart Service. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser. Please be aware that if you choose to block a cookie, your login attempt to the StreetSmart Service may be unsuccessful.
5. The Way We Use Personal Information.
5.1. Client and Personnel Information: We only use the Personal Information of a Client and its Personnel to: (i) contact the Client, (ii) provide our StreetSmart Service to the Client, and (iii) to identify and authenticate the Client’s and its Personnel’s access to our StreetSmart Service.
5.2. End Customer Information: We only use the Personal Information of an End Customer to provide the StreetSmart Service to the Client that is related to that End Customer. In connection thereto, we may disclose an End Customer’s Personal Information to the Client (and its Personnel) that is related to that End Customer.
5.4. Other Disclosures: We may disclose your Personal Information or any information that is submitted to us via the StreetSmart Service if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our StreetSmart Service Agreement, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of ClickSoftware, our users, or the public.
6. Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous Information (defined below) to provide, improve and develop our StreetSmart Service, including to analyze trends and gather demographic information. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information, about use of the StreetSmart Service.
7. Push notifications. If you access the StreetSmart Service while using your mobile device, you may receive push notifications from StreetSmart or your employer/organization. If you don’t want to receive push notifications, you should be able to use the settings on your mobile device to turn off push notifications for a specific mobile application. Please be aware though, that if you choose to turn off push notifications, your (and our Client’s) use of the StreetSmart Service may be negatively impacted. Please consult with your employer or organization before turning off push notifications.
8. Opting-Out of Promotional Emails. You may choose not to receive future promotional or advertising emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that you receive from us. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any “Contact Us” request as well as administrative, maintenance and operational emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request) that are necessary to facilitate use of the StreetSmart Service.
9. Client Choice. Each of our StreetSmart Service users may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information in connection with its use of the StreetSmart Service. If a StreetSmart Service user chooses not to provide the Personal Information we request, it may still visit and use parts of the StreetSmart Service, but may be unable to access or use certain features, options, programs, and services that involve our interaction. If an End User elects to not share their mobile phone number then they will not be able to use the StreetSmart Service.
10. Access and Accuracy – Clients. To the extent that we are provided with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. Our Clients may log into their StreetSmart Service account and use the StreetSmart Service tools to access, delete or correct a material inaccuracy in certain Personal Information that we may be storing.
11. Access and Accuracy – End Customers and Personnel. As required by law, we provide individuals (including End Customers and Personnel) with the right to access, correct, or delete any of their Personal Information that we may be holding. Any such request should be forwarded to our Privacy Officer (the details are provided below). The email should include adequate details of the request, and we may ask for an identity verification before acting on a request. We may request that an individual first attempt to resolve their concern (and show proof thereof) with the Client that provided, or made available, the information to us. We may reject a request for certain reasons, in accordance with an exemption that is permitted under applicable law, for example if the request is fraudulent, vexatious, extremely impractical, risks the privacy of others, or requires disproportionate technical effort. Please be aware that, in accordance with applicable law, we may charge a fee to act on a request that would require a disproportionate effort.
14. Security. The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
15. Children’s Privacy. Our StreetSmart Service is not structured to attract children under the age of 18. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 18 years of age.
17. How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. StreetSmart does not track StreetSmart Service users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising. Accordingly, we do not currently respond or take any action with respect to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services.
Last updated: 13 March 2017